“The vendor is not responding”, “the right person will be back next week”, “can you please resend the order: we haven’t received it”, “I thought you meant something else”, “he told me by phone,” etc.
These are just some examples of what happens when communication between customer and supplier is diverse, fragmented, non-linear and unstructured.
There are at least 5 good reasons to improve the communication between customer and supplier.
1) Improved operational efficiency
2) High Responsiveness of the supply chain
3) Improved reliability of production planning
4) Reduction of inventory and related costs
5) Analytical measurement and management of suppliers