“The vendor is not responding”, “the right person will be back next week”, “can you please resend the order: we haven’t received it”, “I thought you meant something else”, “he told me by phone,” etc.
These are just some examples of what happens when communication between customer and supplier is diverse, fragmented, non-linear and unstructured.
There are at least 5 good reasons to improve the communication between customer and supplier.
1) Improved operational efficiency
2) High Responsiveness of the supply chain
3) Improved reliability of production planning
4) Reduction of inventory and related costs
5) Analytical measurement and management of suppliers
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the full article. After October, 31st you will be able to subscribe to our Academy and read this and other resources.